Thursday, April 10, 2008

not giving up

To those of you who faithfully read this blog - THANK YOU! I'm really trying to update it more than I used to (Really, for a while I was lucky to post once a month.) Anywho... sometimes my posts may seem more "down" than others, as my last post was. But really, that's ministry! Some days are great and some are worse than terrible. I said in my last post that I felt discouraged and disappointed, and I meant that. I still feel that way, but I am so VERY thankful that over the years, God has taught me that it is NOT about what I am feeling. It is about Him, and His plan. I love knowing that because it makes me keep going! My feelings cannot, and will not get in the way of His plan. :) Tonight we had Bible study in Oxford Manor. We're meeting at Zee's house now since Shonda is MIA. (Please keep praying for that situation, even if you're not sure what it is!!!) It was kinda funny because tonight, for the first time, everyone at Bible study had gone to the Summit the Sunday before. We started out using a discussion guide that corresponds to the sermon from Sunday. It didn't take long though, for us to get off track. A question about salvation vs works came up (we're getting used to this one!) so we were able to talk about that for the rest of the night. It was pretty awesome. So... we may be missing some of our members, but the Word continues to be preached in Oxford Manor. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Amanda Sublett said...

I continue to pray for Paul, Brett, and you to be lights in this neighborhood. I pray for your safety... both personal protection AND the protection of your heart. Sometimes ministry can really break your heart. But it has to, your heart has to be broken for these people. That shows your love for and to them.

You are a blessing to these people... but ALSO to my family. We love you. Get some rest this weekend!

(I would love to hear if you got to go to the Summit "mixer" - I hope some wonderful, Godly young man saw you as I see you - a wonderful young woman with a heart for Him, a beautiful face that radiates His love, a fun, laughable heart that is infectious.)

Love you