Wednesday, February 22, 2006

the search begins...

Well, I've started looking for a ticket to South Africa for this summer, and let me tell you... it's NOT cheap! Right now the internet is pricing tickets at a little over $2000. That's more money than the preschool teaching Miss Bonnie has right now! Thankfully, I've been saving since I started my job, and I've got about half of the amount saved already. I'm hoping that I can organize something with my friend Casey so that I'll be doing some missions stuff while I'm there as well as hanging out with friends. I'm hoping that will be the case for two reasons... 1) I so want to go back to Soweto and do similar things to what I did before! I couldn't stand going to SA and not being around the kids! and 2) if it is, indeed, a mission trip, then I can raise support. God has already graciously shown me that I have some pretty committed supporters here in the US of A. I've no doubt that I can get some help in financing this really expensive ticket. God is good. :) I'll feel much better once I've talked with Casey and get get some final details worked out. Then I can work on actually purchasing the ticket!! Can't wait.

Oh, this is random, but kinda interesting... The teacher's assistant in my classroom (Jenny) has a sister, Susan, who is the assistant director to the daycare where my niece goes to. (small world, hey?) Anywho... Susan "met" a guy from Morocco on the internet, and recently flew there to meet him. Well, I went into work today and the first thing Jenny says to me is, "she married that guy." Oh my word. This girl is crazy... She's "married" to a guy in Morocco, but he can't even come here for a long time. What a crazy mixed up story! I have to say though... I'm a bit jealous. I was in Africa for 2 years, and no one married me! What's wrong with me!? hehe I look forward to hearing how this story pans out.

Well, I must get going. I believe that I officially have a second (unpaid) job of being a taxi driver for my nieces and nephew. haha I pick up baby Lauryn from daycare 3 days a week and watch her till Brad and Cheryl get here, and tonight I'm ferrying my nephews back and forth to children's choir and RA's (a boys church program). I love it though. :) These little people in my life are one of the HUGE reasons I'm glad to be here right now. I'm honoured to be such a part of their lives. Now if only Eliza would like me... hehe... I'm still working on her. That cute little 2 year old will love me one day! :)

Thanks for checking in on me! Leave me a comment and let me know who's still reading! :)
Cheers,
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carting nieces & nephews around sounds like fun! I hope I'll just be able to see my neice more IF I get to move back to the ole north state. . .

JTapp said...

There's at least 1 travel agency that offers really cheap airfare for missionaries. If you can make your trip into an official mission trip, you can get a ticket for at least half the price.