Saturday, February 11, 2006

re-entry

At debriefing a couple of weeks ago, one of the questions that it was said that most missionaries ask (at least to themselves) quite a lot, is, "will I ever fit in anywhere again?" I agree totally. I really just don't fit completely anywhere. About the only place I really feel like myself lately is at home... and that's not very sociable. I still want to be in Jo'burg, but I just committed myself to being in America for 5 years to pay off my car. Plus, things are probably changing in Jo'burg right now just as much as things changed here while I was away. So... will I ever really fit in anywhere again? The jury's still out on that verdict. Please check back in later.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

JTapp said...

I remember the Member Care folks told us that however long you spent overseas, it would take you equally as long to feel at home in America. (So, 2 years for j-men). I think that's pretty accurate.
I know a couple of people who are still struggling with fitting in after they've been back for about 15 months.
Some struggle with things ranging from drugs to exclusively dating African men. Just FYI.