Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I just want to say... life is good. No, I don't have a phone line yet (life's not THAT good yet!), but really, life is pretty daggum wonderful. I had a great day at school today with my kids, and an even more fantastic time with my girls' club after school. I didn't really "teach" per se today... we watch a movie about Jesus. Turned out to be a good thing I hadn't planned a ton though because there was some lady at the school talking about breast cancer awareness, and she totally messed up the schedule. (I've never seen so many pink ribbons in all my life.) I did talk to the teacher (Mrs. Shabalala) but she told me that she's going to see ALL the teachers from the area on Saturday, and she's going to talk to them then and give them my number if they're interested in me teaching there next year. Please keep praying for this opportunity! I need some more schools to work in next year, and I really want them to all be concentrated in one area of Soweto so I can really get to know people in ONE area (as opposed to 3 different areas this year). Anyway... while the kids watched the video, I pretty much stayed engrossed in my alltime favorite book by my alltime favorite person... "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Elliot. I'm tellin' ya, every time read that book I am so encouraged!! She's got to be the coolest lady ever. Well... I'm using a missionary's internet, so I'd better stop spending their money. Cheers!!
Bonnie

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: