Thursday, October 28, 2004

Hey All... Today is a strange day. Way too many emotions wrapped up in way too few hours. Today was my last day at Diepsloot Combined School. I played a game with the kids to review our past lessons, and we just had a lot of fun. A lot of the kids (mostly girls, but a few guys too!) wrote me good-bye letter. Man, I wish I could show them to everyone- you'd laugh for sure. My favorite note: "I love you Ms. Bonny (yeah, they all spell my name wrong). You are my favorite teacher. You are beautiful. You look like a fish swimming in the water." WHAT? A fish? Um, is that a good thing? I can't decide... Anyway, so the saying of goodbyes was bitter sweet. I'm excited to have some more free time, and somewhat relieved to be done with Diepsloot, but saying goodbye to some of my kids was a little hard! But another goodbye has been harder and much weirder today. Melissa left this afternoon to go to the States. She's only going for 2 weeks, but when she comes back, everything will be different. She won't be on my team. She won't be my roommate. We won't be teaching together. The list goes on and on. In all honesty, I'm not sure what I'm feeling. I'm definitely having a down moment right now... It's just strange, really strange. I've never lived by myself before, so do to so in another country is a bit new and confusing (though exciting too!). I've also been walking around the mall and seeing lots of Christmas decorations being put up. That makes me sad beyond note because I am not looking forward to spending Christmas away from my family (although it looks like I may spend Christmas with a friend's family here, so that may be cool...). Anyway... I feel like my mind is spinning. I ask you to please pray for me to deal with these wacked out emotions SOON! I need to get back to being myself again and not so down. I don't like being sad!! Thanks for praying. I'm so glad to know people out there are thinking about me even though I am so far from home.

Thanks for checking in on me!
Cheers,
Bonnie
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: