Friday, January 09, 2004

What an amazing afternoon I have just had. I got to pick my nephews up from school today, bring them back to my house, and after giving them a lovely after-school snack (I felt SO mom-like!) I explained about me leaving to go to South Africa. It wasn't easy at all! Two years is a long time in the life of little boys (5 and 8) and I know they are going to change so much. It's cute though, Zachary says I'm "on a mission", and Brian says I'm "going to tell people about Jesus so they can go to Heaven." Don't you love how kids don't beat around the bush? We had a wonderful time talking about Jesus and Africa, and how much we will miss each other. It's so bittersweet! We also got to just play and have good time together! I also got to see my baby niece, Eliza-Jane - the cutest baby in the world by my standards! ;) I definitely cried when they left, which hasn't really happened for me until now (the crying part). They're my boys though, and I love them more than words can express. I will miss them just about more than anyone... mostly because they'll change the most I think. But what hit me the hardest was when Jamie (my sister in law) called me after they'd gotten home, and told me that Brian (the 8 year old) cried the whole way home and said he didn't want me to leave. I talked to him again on the phone, and then after we hung up, I lost it... and I mean lost it. I don't think I've cried that much in a LONG time. Brian ( as well as the others) is very special to me ... and he is a sensitive soul. I will miss him dearly!

That was my day/night. Sad times, but also an amazing afternoon with people who mean the most to me - my family. God bless 'em!!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: