Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I got my Visa!!! Hooray! As of Tuesday, January 6th, I have been ticketed to leave North Carolina next Monday, the 12th at around 7:30pm. I am so excited! I'm finally getting to GO. Other than last minutes packing, I'm ready to go.

I've been trying my best to keep busy (but not TOO busy) lately. I think my schedule is finally looking a little fuller... the past few days I've had nothing to do, and that gets a little old after a while. I was able to go to Flat Springs (the church where I grew up) this past Sunday morning. It's always nice to see people who have known me since I was very young, and have seen the ways God's been at work in my life. I was also blessed to be able to go to the night service at The Summit (my church home now); yay for multiple services. :) This coming Sunday I'll be at the Summit in the morning and I'll get to see all my friends there - I'll finally get to say a REAL goodbye! I think I've had "closure" many times over now. Well, I've got lots coming up to look forward to: dinner with psalmers tonight, prayer meeting, quality time with my nephews and dinner with the whole family, more time in Chapel Hill with old Psalmers, dinner with my best friend's family... and much more. Thank goodness, I think my stir-craziness has come to an end. Before I know it, I'll be in Africa!!!!!

PRAYER REQUESTS:
1) My family, especially my Mom and Dad as they say goodbye to me on Monday... they're highly supportive, but it's still hard for them (as they say often, I AM their baby!)
2) The rest of the team in South Africa... pray for immediate bonding and a true sense of family as well as teammates.
3) Teaching and witnessing opportunities in the schools in South Africa.
4) Melissa (the jman there now) as she plans and plans some more to get ready for this year. Keep her lifted up!! She's also going to be my roommate... but hopefully that's not a prayer request. haha :)

Love you ALL!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: