Monday, October 27, 2003

What an incredible day!! First of all, I was commissioned to the mission field by my home church, Flat Springs Baptist, this morning. What a blessing that was. I was joyfully surprised that Reverend West came back to do the service for me... if you don't know him, he was my pastor during some pretty crazy years of my life (otherwise known as adolescence!). He baptized me (and I was just reminded today that I was the 1st person he baptized at FS!) and he was there quite often to help me sort though the great theological questions that teenagers come up with. :-) My best friends were also there, as well as MANY people I did not expect to see. If you're reading this, and you were there this morning, but usually don't go there, THANK YOU for being there - you made it very special. My Dad was also ordained as a new deacon at FS today - big day for the family! This afternoon was the wedding shower for my brother, Brad, and his fiance, Cheryl. Talk about a major amount of presents! I cant wait to get married just for the gifts! haha (ok, not really!) Not too long after that I got to go to worship at the Summit, which is always a blessing, no matter when I go... I'm SO going to miss the Summit church!!! Then after enjoying a very late dinner with some Summit folks after church, I stopped by to surprise the Psalmers with a visit from me! :) (Psalm 100 is a Christian a cappella group I sang in at UNC, if you don't know.) Man I miss those guys! It was so great to just sit back and listen to them making such a joyful noise unto the LORD! If you're reading this and you live anywhere near Chapel Hill (and you're not IN Psalm 100) you need to go to their concert Nov. 21-22! They rock - that's all there is to it. :-) Praise the Lord for days like today!!!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: