Monday, March 09, 2009

mama needs a new pair of shoes!

Shoes for hiking, that is! This past Sunday I finally made it out to the hiking trails at the Eno River. A couple friends of mine and I hiked about 2 miles and I didn't die! So today (Monday) I decided to take Cadey to do some hiking. We had a blast! I am quite sad that I didn't take my camera with me. Many times I wish I'd had it so that I could capture the hilarity of Cadey experiencing the trails. She very much liked splashing and swimming in some shallow parts of the river!! I very much liked the walk as well. This is the kind of exercise I want to get more of... the natural kind. I want to be outside, not in a gym! Both Cadey and I got great exercise and had fun doing it. Here's a picture of her (from my phone) on the drive home. She made me laugh... she just propped herself up against the seat and sat there, tongue hanging out, occasionally sticking her nose out the window. Yeah, it was definitely a fun afternoon! :)

No comments: