Monday, October 23, 2006

Things that make me smile...

In light of a friend’s recent blog, I decided to make a list of my own! Enjoy!

Things that make me smile (in no particular order!)

  1. Jesus Christ
  2. my adorable nephews and nieces
  3. being the youngest of 3 and the only girl ;)
  4. big hugs from my kids at school
  5. coloring
  6. comfy pajama pants
  7. my South African kitties
  8. having great parents
  9. the Summit worship choir
  10. turning the radio on just in time to hear the beginning of my favorite song
  11. ferris wheels
  12. game nights with friends at my house
  13. SMSes (text messages) from friends thousands of miles away
  14. my pink and brown down blanket
  15. waking up early enough to be able to spend time just hanging out with God in the morning
  16. good coffee
  17. good hair days
  18. days when I don’t have time to put on make up and I still somehow look decent
  19. taking pictures
  20. looking at old pictures!
  21. late nights when anything (anything!) is funny
  22. listening to South African bands and knowing my friends here haven’t seen or heard of them (especially when I actually met them in SA!)
  23. fixing the duct work under my house (with PINK duct tape)
  24. being part of a church who knows what missions is – and DOES it
  25. my big comfy denim couch
  26. girly movies
  27. Half Baked Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
  28. watching fireworks
  29. holding babies at Oxford Manor
  30. Glade plug-ins
  31. Yankee candles
  32. camping with family and looking like gypsies!
  33. paying all the bills and still having some money left over (what’s that feel like again??)
  34. surprise phone calls from family and friends
  35. girl talks :)
  36. gel pens
  37. fun stationary
  38. turtles
  39. singing in my car at the top of my lungs
  40. sleeping in on a Saturday
  41. reading old journals and seeing where God has brought me from
  42. scrap booking (when I actually do it!)
  43. saying something to my kids in Spanish, and them understanding
  44. long talks with my Mom
  45. laundry fresh out of the drier
  46. meerkats (man I miss those guys!)
  47. being done with the circuit at the gym
  48. lightning storms
  49. realizing that my kids are actually grasping something I’ve been trying to teach for a month
  50. blogs
  51. watching tadpoles turn into frogs
  52. watching caterpillars turn into butterflies
  53. stuffed animals
  54. going to bed knowing that I actually did all I wanted to do that day
  55. playing with play-doh
  56. baking homemade chocolate chip cookies
  57. laughing so hard my stomach hurts
  58. finding the perfect gift for a friend
  59. friends who help me fix up this old house
  60. knowing that I am a PRINCESS! A true daughter of the King! :)

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Angie said...

Nice post....nice idea! :-) I enjoyed your list. I'm glad your house is warm,too. I'm so proud of all your DIY work. Wish you could come for a visit.
Love and miss you,
ang