Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Detroit!


So... a few weeks ago I realized that I only had one day off between my summer job and my new job with Head Start. So what do I do? The only logical thing there is
to do... I went to Detroit, Michigan!! I know it seems random, but that's where Melissa, my roommate and friend from South Africa lives now. I had to get out of NC and away from the house. I love the house! But I needed a break from it. So I emailed Melissa and within about 12 hours, the decision was made that I'd fly to Detroit in a week. I literally bought the tickets the Saturday before I left the following Friday. Though the trip kinda hurt my bank account, it was worth it. I had an awesome time hanging out with Melissa and catching up. It was fun to see the way she's decorated her apartment. Strangely, we've done a lot of the same things... and we don't even live together!! Scary... :) I can't say we did anything monumentous... other than going to IKEA on Monday before I flew back home. That was awesome! Oh, how I wish there was an IKEA store closer than 3 hours away from us here in NC! I got lots of decorating ideas though that I hope to implement here in the house. Well, I'd better get to bed... thanks for checking in on me! :)
Bonnie B.


Link to pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: