Tuesday, January 10, 2006

belated update

Wow, I really should have updated before now! I am so busy this month though. I will be so happy when February gets here!! It’s a good busy though I suppose. This coming weekend I will be gone from Friday though Monday serving as an adult table leader for “Chrysalis,” a teen girl Christian retreat type weekend. It’s really hard to explain. Anyway, be praying for that! Youth aren’t as much my thing as little kids are, but I know that God has big plans for the girls who are coming and I pray that He will use me to be a part of His plan. Later in the month (the 25th through the 28th) I’ll be heading up to Richmond, Virginia for my missionary debriefing. I’m really looking forward to spending some quality time with old friends who know and understand all that I’m going through and trying to process right now. They’ll be the ones who know that I’m not crazy because they’ll hopefully be feeling the same things! Can’t wait. :)

Other than being busy, life is going well. I’m still really enjoying being a teacher and I’m learning more everyday about how to be a better teacher. These poor kids are my guinea pigs – I try something out on them to see if it works or not! Guess you never know unless you try. :) I’m still really missing South Africa. Got to talk to Casey again this past weekend and every time I talk to her I want more and more to get back there this summer. The plane ticket alone is almost $2000 now! I don’t know how I’m going to pay for that on a preschool teacher’s salary, but if it’s God’s desire for me to go, then He will make a way. Oh how I hope it’s His desire!!! :)

Well, I seriously need some beauty sleep now. G’night!

Bonnie B.

2 comments:

JTapp said...

Congrats on finding a good job and seemingly adjusting so quickly to being back in the States. I still miss Asia quite a bit, make a phone call over there every once in a while. But, budget constraints will keep it to phone calls and emails for now.

Anonymous said...

How was the debriefing??? Just thinking about you. . . .