Thursday, July 29, 2004

I know, I know... long time no update. Sorry, again. But here I am once again. :) Life has been quite hectic lately. I don't know where the month of July has gone.  Man, I have to send out another newsletter soon.  That doesn't seem possible!  Yikes, I'll be going home before I know it... scary thought.   It seemed like I was waiting for July for so long, and now it's almost gone already!!  It was a wonderful month though.  My birthday parties, a trip to Swaziland, and most importantly, the visit from the Summit Church.  It was such an indescribable blessing to have 8 people from my home church spend 10 days ministering alongside the team here.  It was really hard to see them off, but God's been very gracious to me in helping me deal.  Thankfully, the day after the team left, Kerryn, a South African friend of mine, called and invited me to a "stir-fry" night at her flat (apartment).  It was a small gathering of about 6 of us.  It was really cool... they had put a table top on bricks and put thin mattresses on the floor for us to sit on.  The room was all lit with tea light candles, and they had even bought fortune (more like "proverb") cookies.  After dinner we all played a game and then just sat around and chilled for a few hours.  Man, that was wonderful... exactly what I needed to get my mind refocused on being in South Africa!  I am so fortunate to have some friends here.  I seriously thank God for blessing me with a couple girl friends, Kerryn and Heather.  I need them so much here!  It's cool to know people my age, who I don't feel like I have to minister to!  I can just relax and be myself!!  This past Monday and Tuesday night I had to sing at church.  The juniors team was scheduled to sing for a week of  MARRIAGE seminars!  Well, actually we just had to sing for the first 2 nights, but I just think it was funny that we, the single people, had to sing for the married people.  We had fun both nights retreating to a room in the church to listen to music and chill while the married folks learned stuff about being married. haha :)    Wednesday night, last night, I went to Heather's flat for dinner.  Can I just say again how great it is to have a friend like that!?  Someone I can just go hang out with, for no real reason at all.  God is so good.  Well, now it's Thursday (which is like a Friday for me since I don't teach on Fridays).  Pay day is tomorrow - halleluia!  Tomorrow evening we are having a desert and coffee night here for a few friends.  We were blessed with about 12 bags of chocolate chips from the Summit, and once I told some of my South African friends about it, they insisted that they be put to good use. haha  Most of my SA friends have either spent some time in the USA or are good friends with an American (other than me), so it's cool to hear what they like or miss from the US.  Anyway, my internet minutes are ticking away... and therefore my paycheck is slowly diminishing as well.  Thanks for checking in on me!!
Cheers,
Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: