Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Hey Guys! I know… it’s been a while since I’ve last updated this web-log. I guess you’re probably used to that by now. Sorry! Hopefully you’ve gotten (and read!) my April newsletter by now, so I won’t bore you by writing the same stuff here. Well, this is my last week before I start school back. I go back to teaching next Tuesday (April 20th). Part of me is ready to go back, but to be honest, I’ve really enjoyed having time off. Guys, teaching frustrates me so much at times! I really think God is stretching me right now. I really feel like my gifting is with small children, yet for some reason, I am here teaching middle school aged kids. I also struggle a lot with how much scripture to put in my lessons, and what I’m really supposed to teach. I am learning that I am more of a structure person than I ever knew! How I long for a curriculum! haha :) Please pray that God will show me what and how to teach these kids in a way that will help them become closer to the Lord, but will also fit with “life skills” which is what I am supposed to be teaching them! Summit friends… how are you all doing? I haven’t heard from some of you in a long time! I get your mass amounts of listserv emails, so I kind of know some of what you’re up to. I am SO excited to hear about your new commitment to evangelism!! By the time I come home, you’ll be going out everyday! I’m definitely praying for you all in your service to Him!

Did everyone have a good Easter? I certainly did! I was at the Nancefield Baptist Church Easter Camp, which I told you about in my newsletter already. It was so much fun. It seemed very LONG, but it was worth every minute. I have been struggling with whether or not to call this church my “home” lately, for various reasons that would take forever to get into here. When I came here, I did not really look around at churches. For that reason, I feel like I should branch out a little and at least look around and consider other churches. It is hard because I really enjoy being at Nancefield. With the exception of a few silly, middle-school-type rumors, everyone there has accepted me without question and I feel at home. I also love being on the worship team, and that is a ministry I don’t want to give up. But to be sure that this is where God wants me, I am going to be visiting other churches for a little while when I am not needed on the worship team. Please pray that God will continue to give me peace about whatever and wherever He leads me to.

Well, that’s what I am up to right now… not too much. I’m trying to get my life together after being gone for 8 days (AMTM and then camp)! I hope to hear from you soon!


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: