Wednesday, April 25, 2007

tidbit of insight

Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah.
(Psalm 68:19)

I was reading this Psalm this morning. You know how there are things you kinda know about God, but they don't really dawn on you right away? This verse kind of was like that for me this morning. This verse showed me, plain and simple, that God daily bears us up. He is out salvation. Selah! I wasn't sure what Selah meant, though I've seen it in the Bible many times. So, I used my handy dandy e-sword resources and learned that Selah means a suspension of music, or a pause. In other words... the Lord daily bears us up, He is our salvation. Pause. Stop. Think about it!! God is bearing me up today. He bore my sin and my burdens yesterday and will do the same for tomorrow, but for today I need to pause and remember that the Lord is to be blessed (or adored, as e-sword says) right now because He is bearing me up, He is carrying my burdens and carrying me through this day. He is my salvation. SELAH!

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Mom said...

THANK YOU...I have always wondered 'who' Selah' was?! Now I have a beautiful word to remind me to PAUSE...I remember that God has me. No matter how my day is going. Oh ya, what is e-sword?
Love ya, see you soon. Mom