Tuesday, February 27, 2007

so what's new?

I have a few minutes to spare this morning for once. Typically I'd need to leave the house soon to go to school, but this morning I'll be making a stop at the "minute clinic" before going to work. I've been fighting off a cold for a few weeks now, and the last week it has turned more into what I think they're going to tell me is a sinus infection. Yuck.

Anyway... those select few of you who read this may want to know how the house is coming along! I haven't been able to do a whole lot lately because money is tight. Winter is an expensive time of year when you have gas heating! Never again will I choose to have gas heating!! (although, with this house, there was no choice) Hopefully the warmer months are coming, and I won't have to fork our exorbitant amounts of money just to keep from freezing. :) I am thankful for heat though. A few weeks ago the heating unit died... and during the coldest week of the year so far! The nights were getting down to about 13 (Fahrenheit). We have space heaters in the house, but if both Jasmine and I ran them on high, we blew a fuse! So, since she didn't want to go anywhere, I got to go hang out with Jessica P, one of my newest and coolest friends from the Summit. We're in the same Bible study, and I'm so grateful for her hospitality! I was offered a place to stay by many people at the Summit, which just confirms for me more and more that the Summit is my family away from family. What do people without church families do when they're in a pinch? I have not the slightest clue. I just know that I'm thankful for mine. :-D I guess the other news regarding the house is that in a couple of months I'll be roommate searching again. Jasmine wants to live on her own, so she'll be moving out soon. I like having a roommate... being alone is no fun! So please pray that God will provide the perfect person, at just the right time... someone who will love this troubled little house as much as I do! ;) I trust that He already knows who is coming, and I'll just have to wait and see. umm... Oh! I few weeks ago I learned that a guy from my church restores old houses! Why didn't I know this sooner? I literally see and talk to this guy and his wife every Sunday morning, and I didn't have a clue. He is willing to come over and take a look at my house sometime, and maybe he can help me out on getting the work done. Maybe by this summer the major repairs will be done! In God's time... in God's time... I have to keep reminding myself of that. :) God has been teaching me a lot about that lately. I don't have time this morning to go into all that He's been doing in my life, but trust me when I say that He has brought me to a great place - a place where I must rely on Him and wait upon Him. There's no better place to be, right!? Well, time's about up... hopefully I'll be able to get some meds at the minute clinic and be breathing in no time! Thanks for checking in on me!


Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: