Monday, May 29, 2006

I have furniture!!!

Well... I have some furniture. But hey, some is much better than the none I had a few hours ago. Today Mom and I went all over Durham and Sanford looking for deals on furniture for my new home. Ugh... it's sobering to realize how little money you have in comparison to how much furniture costs! I did see a few things I liked, but I have a lot of rooms to fill, and when I started adding up how much it was going to cost to fill them with new furniture, I was really overwhelmed. But, I have a Mom with a good head on her shoulders, and a good strong faith in God's providence and timing, so I wasn't too bummed when I came home as furniture-less as when we left. Well, I took a look at craigslist.com to just see what people were selling (as I have made a daily habit of doing). I wasn't overly impressed at first. But a couple of minutes later there was a new post. Someone was selling a nice set of furniture for only $700. (That was about the cost of one new couch.) I emailed the guy right away to ask for pictures, and when he sent them back I was floored! It looked so nice! Long story short, my Mom and I trekked back to Durham (where it was being sold) at about 9:30 tonight to go see this furniture. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was right for my house!! And you can't beat the price. Turns out this couple also just bought a new washer and dryer and wanted to get rid of theirs, so I bought them too!! Crazy... crazy, I tell ya. But how exciting... furniture for my home! :) Wow, now I really need to go to bed. It's been a long (but amazing) weekend. I need to sleep and prepare for my kiddos! Thanks for checking in on me!

Here's what my stuff looks like...



Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Janna Kay said...

Hi Bonnie,
Your furniture is beautiful. So are the floors in your house! I love them! Would love to hear from you soon!
Blessings!