Saturday, September 18, 2004

Hey! I'm back from Zimbabwe. I had SUCH a great time!! It was so refreshing to be with other Christians who are serious about God and His mission. It was also nice to be with other Americans my age. It was so much fun to hang out with them for a week. The camp we were at was nice and quiet, and besides the big (I mean BIG) wall spiders in our rooms, all was well. (They're not dangerous spiders... they're actually beneficial because they eat mosquitoes, but for a Joburg girl, they're a bit freaky!) I can't really put into words very well what happened at the retreat... It was a chance for me to retreat from the business of Joburg and work and all the drama of my friends lately! It was nice to not be able to check email or receive calls on my cell phone. It amazed me to hear from other missionaries and learn that they go through the same things I do! God really used this time to refresh my spirit and reset my focus on the number one priority: Him. I put some pictures from the past week online, so check them out. :)

I was all ready to come back and really pour my heart out to my students this week, but when we got back to Joburg, Melissa and I found out that the teachers went on strike while we were gone, and when they're on strike, we can't go! Welcome to South Africa!

BIG NEWS!!! I got a new car!!!! Ok, so it's not new, but it's better than my last junker car. :) I now have a Toyota Corolla. It has air conditioning and a radio. I couldn't be happier! Melissa and I should be moving into our new home soon. I'm so excited. I have so much excitement in my life right now. Hooray!

Thanks for checking in on me!
Cheers,
Bonnie
Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: