Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Wow, it’s been a really really long time since I’ve updated this web-log!! Shame on me… once again. Well, my life is about to get VERY hectic. Tomorrow morning (Thursday, 20 May), our team is going to the airport to pick up 16 volunteers from LSU. They will be working here until the 30th of May. I’m really excited about having some new people around! I am quite naïve still… I am told by other team members that having volunteers here is not as “fun” as I would think, but rather it gets stressful. I’m sure it will be stressful at times, but I hope it will be a great time too! The crazy thing is that 7, yes SEVEN girls will be staying with Melissa and I in the Holidays’ house. That makes a total of nine girls in one house for 10 days. PRAY HARD! haha J Pray that Melissa and I can maintain our sanity!! Really though, pray that everything goes well for this team. God moves in awesome ways when volunteers come. Pray that God will use them to reach people in Jo’burg, and that they will help to open doors into the communities. Also, pray that God will work in their hearts. He may be working on them to call them into full time missions, or just to give them a fire for working alongside missionaries. Keep them lifted up. As soon as the team leaves, literally, Melissa and I will be temporarily moving to another missionary couple’s house. We’re moving in the Morans for about 2 weeks. Then, when the Lechners leave South Africa to go Stateside for 3 months, Mel and I will be living in their house. So we have a lot of moving coming up!
Me? I’m doing pretty well. I am very excited about a new door that God has opened up for me in the past month. Beginning in June, I will be leading a couple after school “Girls Only!” clubs at Lilydale. To be honest, I don’t have much of a clue what I am going to do with them, but I am beyond excited! My first goal is just to get to know them and help them get to know me as a fellow girl and not their teacher! I want to get girly with them… talk about girl stuff and how God made us special. I get giddy just thinking about it. God has already blessed me by giving me this idea. He’s making the vision grow, and Melissa will have a couple groups at one of her schools too!! How exciting!
Well, I must get back to cleaning my room… I don’t want these LSU girls to think I am a slob now do I? Thanks for checking in on me…. <>< Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

No comments: