Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I don't believe in coincidence

Sunday night (as my previous post records) I got super excited about the Summit's Spanish Campus, and my desire to learn Spanish was rekindled in a huge way. Today I went by the preschool office and picked up my class list/folders. I have 13 kids in my class so far... possibly 14 soon... 7 of the 13 are Spanish speakers and the possible 14th is as well. Over half of my students are Spanish speakers - that's more than I've had in the last 2 years combined. Add to this scenario, that the only other teacher from my school (besides the ESL teacher) that spoke any Spanish at all has gone to another school, AND that my classroom is right across from the front office... I think I will have MUCH opportunity to practice what I know and learn much more this year. Crazy... Coincidence? I think not. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Jessica (from CNI forever ago it seems) That is so cool that you will get to practice and learn Spanish with your kids this year.

I just found out that I have a job in a More at Four classroom in Durham....so I'll be commuting from Cary to Durham starting next week.