Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hope for Durham!

Today was the first day of the Summit's "mission trip to Durham" aka Hope for Durham. I'm so incredibly blessed to be part of a church that knows that we must love our city if we want to see her changed into a place where God is worshipped. Today I helped out at a place called the Agape Corner. It is a Christian boarding school right in the middle of the roughest area in Durham. (I'm not exaggerating... the street the house is on was recently designated as one of the top crime hot spots in Durham.) Anyway, Todd, my partner in crime, and I spent the day priming and painting a couple places in the house... one of the them being the laundry room WHILE they were doing laundry!! Talk about HOT! I'm pretty sure it was cooler outside! :) All was well though. I got to meet Todd, who is in the orchestra at the Summit. I always enjoy getting to know people that I normally wouldn't talk to much at the Summit. Anyway, here are a few pictures from today. I can't write too much... I need to finish packing! Friday morning I leave to go on vacation with my family. We're going to Michigan, where I not only get to see my family, but I also get to hang out with Melissa!!!!!! (I worked with her in SA.) Then we're travelling through a couple states and will eventually end up in Tennessee for a wedding. Hooray for vacation! :)

Ok, here are the photos...



No comments: