Friday, March 24, 2006

Praise Him in the mornin'...

For some reason I have a kids' church song in my head. For those of you raised in Sunday School is goes like this: Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him in the morning... Praise Him in the noontime... praise Him when the sun goes down." Anyway... I thought, there's no better way to start off a Friday (and really, I need something good... I am looking & feeling rough this morning!) than to Praise Him! So, though rough moments have been trying to get me down lately, I'm going to Praise! And here are a few reaons:

1)My Mom's been sick for a few months now and the docs haven't been able to figure out why. Well, this week they finally diagnosed her with breast cancer (she's had it before) but this time is way different than before. She just has to take a hormone pill and she'll be fine! Considering all the other things it could have been, I'm thankful that this was the diagnosis. No chemo or radiation this time. And she'll come home soon from the hospital. Hooray!

2)Through random circumstances, I googled an old college friend of mine and found his sight with some pictures. I decided to email him and see what he was up to. Well, one of the things he said was, "I'm growing like a weed spiritually. I'm not the same guy you used to know." Praise the Lord! Now this fellow was a nice guy before, but well... let's just say we lived different lifestyles. Lately I've become aware of friends who have turned away from God after college, and I've been discouraged, but I rejoiced last night in hearing that another friend who seemed far away is so in love with the Father now! My prayers 6 years ago were answered (and I wasn't even aware!). (and if you're the guy I'm writing this about, I hope you don't mind me writing it, but I'm excited! hehe)

3)I've found a gym in Sanford that I really like, and I'm really enjoying it! I seem to be getting back on track with health matters, and that's always a good thing. :)

4)Next week are teacher workdays on Monday and Tuesday, and I have taken them off so that I can be in Durham helping with a Spring break program for Hispanic kids. I am so excited to be able to be a part of reaching out to the Durham community!

Wow... I'm going to be late for work, so I'll have to write more later!

in Him-
Bonnie B.

Link to pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnieb81

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hey BB,
Hope things are going well for you this week and that your mom is feeling better. Keep us posted! Have you talked to Mel since her return to the U.S.??? We are going back to S.A. in a couple of weeks for some R&R....very excited about that. Drop us a line sometimes....ang